Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall Nametags: Finished

I just wanted to share the 'after' shot of what the 'Herbst Laune Nametags' ended up looking like. Are you surprised to see more post paper? Hardly. This was a fun little project that used things I already had, namely post paper and twine, ha ha!

Seriously though, years ago I bought a package of handmade paper scraps and there were certain colors and prints that have just never appealed to me. Instead of throwing them away, or giving them to somebody else, I hoarded them. Anybody else do this? It's a terrible habit, isn't it? Well, I don't see this habit changing because the fact that I was actually able to use these scraps just adds fuel to my craft supply-hoarder fire. Sad, but true.


I'm pretty happy with how they look in small amounts, so using them in this way was perfect. I printed out all the names on a section of post paper, cut them out, and then attached all the layers together with a loop of twine.

You'll notice that these are pretty long 'nametags' and that's because they primarily served as place cards, but also as a place for notes. This could be fun for a Thanksgiving table setting so guests could write down what they're thankful for.

I hope you have a good weekend. We'll be celebrating Erntedankfest, which is similar to the US Thanksgiving holiday. I'm also hoping to get our balcony decked out for the fall/winter months. What are you up to?

2 comments :

Allison said...

These turned out great!

Nope, no hoarding here... not me. Wouldn't even know what you are talking about (fingers crossed behind back)

Ingrid said...

I really like those colors! Very nice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails