Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Stitched: Reversible Coasters

There was a birthday package sent off recently. I thought I would see if I could zip off a set of coasters. I only had a couple of hours, but with some scrap fabric that happened to match the recipient's curtains and pillows, I did my best. Obviously they're not exactly gerade (straight), but the recipient is of the forgiving and grateful sort, so into the birthday box they went. The fun part is that one side matches his kitchen, the other his living room.

Nothing rocket science about these coasters. I cut out squares of fabric, used some old T-shirt scraps to add a layer of padding, sewed partially shut, trimmed the corners, flipped right side out, and top stitched around the edges to polish it off. You could check out this tutorial if you need a visual.

Fabric coasters are so much better than hard coasters, don't you find? No scratching, no slipping, no banging, no condensation dripping, etc. We have some nice felt ones in our living room and love them. What about you? Are you a fabric coaster fan?

PS- all fabric has been cut and ironed for the pillows, my friends! Progress!

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails